Saturday, March 16, 2013

Furry Acrobats & Favorite House Things So Far...

Today, we spent almost 12 hours at the house, painting, spackling, dry-wall-taping, cleaning, more cleaning... 'Twas very productive, but there is still plenty left to do. We saw all four barn-cats, today. Up until now, we had only seen three. Apparently, one only comes around for food at dusk. And I met our new neighbor, Scott, and his playful pups, Twister & Rudy (who ate all the barn-cat food on our back porch, before Scott managed to wrangle them back to his house). I wish I had taken more photos, but these will have to do for now. Tomorrow is another day. 

Michael & I put up a bird feeder, last week, thinking we would attract some birds to our new back yard. However, the first visitor we had was a little bigger & more furry than expected. Today, we also had Juncos, Tit-mice(mouses?) & Cardinals. The Cardinals are my favorite. But these acrobats are pretty entertaining...

Furry Acrobat Feasting in Our New Bird Feeder

We need to grease the pole and buy an air gun. ;-)

So, my favorite thing IN the house so far...

My Awesome Enamel & Cast Iron Kitchen Sink Complete With Window View
... and The Subway Tile Back-splash.

My favorite thing OUTside the house, so far, is the sunset... Photos can't do it justice. Looking forward to eventually putting a porch on the front of the house, so we can watch it set from some smooth rocking chairs with sweet-tea in-hand.

Sunset From the Front Stoop

It still hasn't sunken-in that we finally have a house... and a yard... and everything that goes along with it. I imagine that will come in time, or at the latest when we actually move into the house & start living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment